• Create Account

DirectPlay

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zenroth   Members   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 01 September 1999 - 02:09 AM

Does anyone have any simple examples or tutorials on DirectPlay? I know the directx sdk has quite a few but i feel they are hard to follow. What im looking for is like something that just sets up a internet connection to a specified ip address and updates a struct on there side. Should be real simple ( i imagine it is ). But it would be a big help to me. Any Directplay info would be(and yes ive read the docs bout 3 times and am still not sure what all i have to use to set it up. Do i have to use players?, ect or can i just send info.)

Sponsor:

#2 NuFAN   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 September 1999 - 02:09 AM

DirectPlay isn't simple, so you won't find some simple apps. And managing players and thinggies like that are much to do, so IMO you should get a book, maybe Inside DirectX and read through the samples. Have the SDK documentation opened and look at any command you don't understand, it's the best way if you don't learn how to use by reading through the docs.

Bye

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS