• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

Projection matrixes in Direct3D

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Facehat   Members   -  Reputation: 696

Posted 04 September 1999 - 08:32 AM

I've been playing around with Direct3D IM for a while now (about 2 weeks) and i've been doing fine except for a little problem I've noticed: The persective projection matrixes i'm using seem a bit off.

What I'm using is from the Direct3D IM Tutorial 1, which is this:

D3DMATRIX matProj = mat;
matProj._11 = 2.0f;
matProj._22 = 2.0f;
matProj._34 = 1.0f;
matProj._43 = -1.0f;
matProj._44 = 0.0f;

Im pretty sure this isn't the correct way to make a projection matrix, but then again, I really don't know what i'm doingn . So my question: Whats the correct way to make the perspective projection matrix? Sample code would be greatly apprectiated, although any answer is welcome!

--TheGoop

Sponsor:

#2 NuFAN   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 September 1999 - 08:32 AM

Hi,
have a look at the "d3d_util.cpp" and the samples, try out the projection matrices used there and have a look at the sources.

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS