• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

Weird scanlines when stretch-blting DX surfaces?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 07 September 1999 - 02:51 AM

OK, here's one for the DirectX gurus...

I have a 800x600 DirectX surface, with a transparency value of (0,0,0). I stretch it to 1024x768, and use the DDBLT_KEYSRC flag so the transparency turns out OK. I've also got a DirectDrawClipper that's masked off part of the screen (the only valid rectangle is, say, (50,50)->(250,250)). I'm running DX6.1 on a RIVA TNT (V550).

The problem is that after I blt there will be transparent lines, 1 pixel tall and stretching the width of the surface. For example, if I blt a completely solid red surface onto a blue background, I'll get a rectangle that's mostly red but with a few blue horizontal lines running through it. The original surface isn't effected, and if I move the destination rectangle, these lines will move to a different vertical position, or occasionally disappear altogether.

The small amount of testing I've done leads me to believe this is a problem only when when clippers are involved, and only when the destination rect of the blt surface is bigger than the area *not* masked by the clipper. That is to say, if at least one of the 4 corners of the dest rect are inside the not-masked area, everything's cool. Also, if I don't stretch the surface, everything's cool.

Any thoughts?

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
http://www.spin-studios.com

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 07 September 1999 - 02:51 AM

I don't know whether it's relevent, but on my Diamond Stealth 64 (an S3 Trio64v+ based card) stretching a video window more than about 1.25x gives horizontal lines through the image. Have you tried your program on a different display driver?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS