• Create Account

Wrappers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 wizzard   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 September 1999 - 05:48 PM

What is the best wrapper out there that is free?? I don't care if it is for OpenGL or DX(DX would be better though). Thanks for any info.

Sponsor:

#2 Facehat   Members   -  Reputation: 696

Posted 14 September 1999 - 04:02 PM

I've heard CDX is pretty good, or NukeDX. Why not just write your own, though? Thats what I did, mostly for convienence so that I don't have to rewrite all my DirectX code for each project.

#3 ChrisE   Members   -  Reputation: 184

Posted 15 September 1999 - 07:41 AM

Try WGT95, which was just released as opensource yesterday on www.egerter.com.

#4 NuFAN   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 September 1999 - 12:12 PM

Using wrappers is ugly. I don't like it, because you can't optimize things for specific problems. Better learn DX or OpenGL and write that stuff on your own. It'll help you in future.

CU

------------------
Skullpture Entertainment

#5 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 15 September 1999 - 01:11 PM

CDX and Nuke are both good.

I've also heard a lot about Allegro, tho I'm not sure if this is in the same category or if it's what you're looking for.

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

#6 mutex   Members   -  Reputation: 1109

Posted 15 September 1999 - 03:01 PM

i did write my own wrapper, but it was a lot of work for not much. i now just use a wrapper for creating directx stuff only, i access it and everything else directly.

#7 wizzard   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 September 1999 - 05:48 PM

I do know DX but want something to do the easy stuff so that I can do more work on the rest of the program instead of wondering how to do the init. I think like mutex does, a lot of work for very little. Thanks for the input though.

[This message has been edited by wizzard (edited September 15, 1999).]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS