• Create Account

Coloured Contact Lenses with (fake) pupil dilation

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic

#1 HumanoidTyphoon   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:32 AM

Yes i am looking into contact lenses because i would like to try a different eye colour. I didn't expect to find coloured contact lenses that show natural pupil dilation, but everything i have googled look they would be counter productive in courtship purposes.. Pupil dilation is used to show attraction, and similarly used to attract.. So if i use these contact lenses, i can throw that out the window because i will always have tiny pupils.. Surely there are contact lenses without built in öutlines of pupils that make your eyes appear to always be dilated? that would be perfect. People are attracted to that and thats what im looking for but cant find any. I only find all black contacts... I dont wanna look like satan.. Anyone know of anywhere i can get what i described? just coloured contacts that either show natural dilation, or fixed artificial dilation. Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 HumanoidTyphoon   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:10 AM

I have done some more reading and it seems that this is currently unsolvable?

I found some contacts claiming to make eyes look "bigger" which would also be more ättractive" although your eyes would be exactly the same colour etc.
Altho they too are not without the obvious problems.

Apparently the fixed size of the pupils in contact lenses is a big problem and alot of peoples pupils do not even fit the average size. Either being too small making it look weird, or making them look squint lol Otherwise contacts can make your pupils look smaller than they actually are, making your eyes look beady and static and unorganic, and when you pupil actually does dilate the surrounding colour of the contact lens might impede your vision?

Let me get this straight.. 40 years ago we could land on the moon.. in 2007/8 we cant even effectively change our eye colour realistically? wtf lol

I was so amped to try a new colour, but if i have to sacrifice dilating pupils or even potentially deal with the stuff i mentioned above, then its not worth it.

#3 shotgunnutter   Banned   -  Reputation: 102

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:54 AM

two words for you:

CAT EYES

looks freaky. My friend who as these gets stopped and searched by he police every other day.

#4 Oberon_Command   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1899

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:03 AM

What about semi-transparent blue contact lenses that cover ALL of the eye? The intended effect would be something like the eyes of the Fremen in Dune.

Is it possible to have the color visible only on ONE side of the lens, while the other side is transparent?

#5 Toolmaker   Members   -  Reputation: 935

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:06 AM

Quote:
Original post by HumanoidTyphoon
counter productive in courtship purposes..

You know, changing your eye color wouldn't increase you chances in courtship. And if ladies would go for your eye color, then it will be an ever bigger disappointment when you take your contacts out. Also, I have NEVER heard a chick say "I'm not dating you because you have <insert color> eyes". And if they did, I wouldn't want to date them anyway.

If you feel you're having troubles hitting on girls, it's best to change your tactics instead of changing your looks. Having lovely eyes / good look will give you an audience with girls, nothing else. You will still have to prove you're worth their time.

Toolmaker

Toolmaker salutes mother Tiberia[My website] - [My Dune II Remake Dev Blog]/* -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.*/

#6 Sneftel   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 1781

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:44 AM

If your idea of how to attract people is "wear fake eyes", I'd say you should be working on more fundamental aspects of personal interaction first.

#7 Dmytry   Members   -  Reputation: 1148

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:24 AM

Thirded.

This thread reminds me that in beginning of prev. century ladies used (IIRC) beladonna eyedrops to delate pupils... atropine works too.

Also i agree cat eye contact lenses is cool. I'd get one if these was any for sale nearby. I wonder if there's any mirrorshade contact lenses. That'd look real freaky too.

#8 SHilbert   Members   -  Reputation: 647

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
Original post by Dmytry
This thread reminds me that in beginning of prev. century ladies used (IIRC) beladonna eyedrops to delate pupils... atropine works too.

I guess this means the whole idea behind Botox (face + poison = pretty) isn't something new...

#9 HumanoidTyphoon   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

I agree with all of you, changing the colour of my eyes wouldn't help with the ladies at all. I was actually wanting to get them because it would make me feel good. I like the look of intense eyes, and so if my eyes looked intense then i would feel more confident about myself. I think the contrast to my hair colour would make me more striking etc. I am looking into a number of things that I need to work on for example body language and speaking more to strangers and leading conversations, but I am also trying to make alot of changes in my life at the same time so that I have an even better chance of reinventing myself effectively. That is why I wanted the colour change. It has little to do with the courtship process, however I would have wanted to wear them when I go out and when i am interacting with people in a social setting, and that includes courtship. Like you say, it shouldn't really be a disappointment to any girl if she found out my eyes were a different colour. She really shouldn't be going out with me for my eyes =P

That said i dont hate my eyes, I think I already have nice eyes. Just looking for some change from who i am right now.

#10 Sneftel   Senior Moderators   -  Reputation: 1781

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:40 AM

If your idea of how to feel good about yourself is "wear fake eyes", I'd say you should be working on more fundamental aspects of your self esteem first.

#11 Andrew Russell   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1382

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:44 AM

Look into my eyes
The eyes
Don't look around the eyes
Don't look around the eyes

*click*
You're under!

#12 HumanoidTyphoon   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:15 AM

Right now im working on my body language and style.

#13 gunning   Members   -  Reputation: 751

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:38 AM

Picture your ideal girl. What would she think of you changing your eye color to feel more attractive? For me, she'd think it was silly, but I like people who are down-to-earth and maybe you're different.

#14 Benjamin Heath   Members   -  Reputation: 925

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:51 AM

Quote:
Original post by think_different
Picture your ideal girl. What would she think of you changing your eye color to feel more attractive? For me, she'd think it was silly, but I like people who are down-to-earth and maybe you're different.
My girlfriend wears colored contacts at times, herself, though most of the time she simply wears glasses. I really don't mind any which way: You brush your hair, you dress nice, you develop a personal style. Surely, wearing contacts that aren't perfectly clear is fine, too.

#15 Toolmaker   Members   -  Reputation: 935

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:09 PM

Quote:
Original post by HumanoidTyphoon
Right now im working on my body language and style.

Are you reading any stuff concerned to being a Pickup Artist or dating in general? Because if you're reading stuff concerned to being a PUA, you might aswell go with the contacts, since all it will get you is getting laid all the time, and not emotional satisfaction.

Patterning and pre-memorizing body language doesn't get you anywhere. A girl who falls for your memorized patterns and body language, will be disappointed in the long term anyway. Because at some point, you can't keep up the patterns.

Ofcourse, there is no argument against it if all you want is to get laid all the time. Be sure to apply plenty of kino and pretend you have a busy schedule. Your market value rises more with (pretending) to be busy all the time, as your time will be more valuable and therefor, the girl feels more special.

Toolmaker

Toolmaker salutes mother Tiberia[My website] - [My Dune II Remake Dev Blog]/* -Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.*/

#16 gunning   Members   -  Reputation: 751

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

Quote:
Original post by Benjamin Heath
Quote:
Original post by think_different
My girlfriend wears colored contacts at times, herself, though most of the time she simply wears glasses. I really don't mind any which way: You brush your hair, you dress nice, you develop a personal style. Surely, wearing contacts that aren't perfectly clear is fine, too.
I think there's a reason that your girlfriend is the one changing her eye color and not you. Focusing on changing minute aspects of your appearance is something that women tend to do more a lot more than men with all their make-up, jewelry, moistorizers, shoes, etc.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS