• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Windows skips frame !! (DjGpp+rsxnt+Allegro)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 michaelbricout   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 September 1999 - 04:20 AM

I have a game fast action game in beta version for Windows 9x, compiled with DJGPP + RSXNTDj, using WinAllegro 3.9. It's a fast action game with horizontal scrolling, in 640x400.

I use page flipping. The frame indicator (simple palette switching for color 0) indicates a refresh time of about 1/8 frame.

Problem : my game skip one frame every 10 or 15 seconds, or more depending on what is running in the background in Windows. I think the reason is that a vsync is not detected because my program is not active at that particular moment.

How can I give a higher priority to my game, or make sure that it will be active when the vsync occurs ?

Any help appreciated !!

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS