Vista offline files - desync?

Started by
-1 comments, last by instinKt 16 years, 4 months ago
Recently I set up my laptop to sync with my home desktop by using the "offline files" utility on specific network drives. However not long after that the shared HDDs on my desktop started to cause problems so I removed them. So obviously these drives aren't shared any longer and vista fails to connect so I removed the drive mapping. All looked fine and dandy until I tried to set up another share on my desktop box. When I looked at the network from my laptop, I could see that it still had the old shares synched. I tried to "desync" them but could not find an option (no item to uncheck in the context menu and a grayed out tickbox in the folders properties). I also could not find the new share, but I'm unsure if it's just setup wrong or if vista is for some reason caching the view of that whole host. So it looks like I can't stop the sync unless I'm connected to the share? What kind of stupid idea is that? What if the computer I synced with exploded? Am I stuck with these offline files forever? Surely there has to be a way to remove the "partnership" without actually being connected to it? Does anyone have any ideas? PS. I did try some googling on the topic but I'm guessing I'm either not using enough MS buzz words or I'm alone in my troubles.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement