• Create Account

"Jemmings" (JAVA-enhanced version of "Lemmings") - Need JAVA programmers, 2D artists

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 lorcan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:50 AM

Team name: Not defined yet. Not a registered company. Project name: JEMMINGS Brief description: Jemmings will be a complete Java remake and sequel to the famous MS-DOS games Lemmings, Oh No! More Lemmings and Christmas/Holiday Lemmings. Jemmings will feature : full-screen display for total immersion, new GUI layout design (around the game panel), new levels and graphics, new musical arrangements of the original Lemmings songs using high quality sounds,... The player will also be able to choose the "game" he wants (Lemmings, Oh No! More Lemmings, ...) clicking on a main map... etc etc I would like to gather volunteer (hobby) members from any country in order to create a functional team. Nothing's done yet. Target aim: No commercial purposes. It would be challenging hobby through which team members can explore and learn software engineering, graphic art and game design. Jemmings would prove that JAVA is also a good choice for high-quality 2D games. Compensation: As Jemmings is a non-profit project, it can only offer the experience that you'll gain and the satisfying feeling to be involved in it. Although if we get any donation for the project, it will be devided for each team members. Technology: OS : Windows (initial target), Linux & MacOS Language : Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 IDE : Eclipse (optional - you can decide which IDE you wan't to use) APIs : LWJGL, JOrbis Graphics editor : Photoshop or equivalent Music : Reason, FL, ... Talent needed:
  • Java programmers (basic knowledge of JAVA 2D in games is required)
  • Game/level designers
  • 2D artists (to draw the GUI, splash screens, new level graphics, ...)
  • Music artists (later in project) - I'm a musician too (I've performed arrangements for Final DOOM and UFO:CF soundtracks)
Team structure: Myself - Java programmer (beginning game development) / music artist Apt Fire - Java programmer There isn't anybody else so far ... This is the reason why I'm posting :) Website: Not yet. I'll set up a website as soon as the project is really launched. Contacts: You can contact me either through this forum or directly by email : enigmatic[DOT]eden[AT]gmail[DOT]com. Once we get a team I'll provide additional contact information. Previous Work by Team: None. Additional Info: Contact me for any additional information (game details, joining the team,...). Thanks in advance! Feedback: ANY constructive critics and feedback on the project... Thank you for reading! I hope to get some great members soon so that we can create something very special together. Let's go! Let's show that the Lemmings are still walking, for the first time, in a TEAM (and open source, if allowed) project written in Java, featuring new enhanced graphics and music :-) Thanks again! Lorcan [Edited by - lorcan on February 22, 2008 4:15:34 AM]

Sponsor:

#2 aptfire   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

Hi. Your project sounds interesting. Do you have a design document for it yet?

I have knowledge of Java 2D. And access to Photoshop.

Here's a project I have done:

Zapplet

How do you plan on organizing the teams of people?
Has anyone else expressed interest in your project?

I played the original Lemmings in MS-DOS but I don't remember it -that- well beyond the overall idea.

Happy New Year,
aptfire

#3 lorcan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:42 AM

Hi aptfire!

Quote:
Original post by aptfire
Hi. Your project sounds interesting. Do you have a design document for it yet?

Thanks. Well, no, I don't have any design document prepared yet. However you can contact me at enigmatic[DOT]eden[AT]gmail[DOT]com (through emails and Google Talk IM) for any further information. I also have an MSN account.
I have clear ideas of what I woul'd like to create with other team members but I prefer to talk about these points with members before putting any milestones.

Quote:
I have knowledge of Java 2D. And access to Photoshop. (...) Here's a project I have done:

Zapplet

All this sounds interesting! I hope we'll get in touch very soon!

Quote:
How do you plan on organizing the teams of people?
Has anyone else expressed interest in your project?

We should all speak together in order to know what people want/can do. We can use any IM to reach each others yet. I'll set up a web page for common information, guidelines, wishes, ...
Yes indeed, there's currently one person who got in touch to work with me. I image that recruiting members can take time :-)

Quote:
I played the original Lemmings in MS-DOS but I don't remember it -that- well beyond the overall idea.

Don't be afraid about this. You can remember these games using Lemmix for example. I also own the MS-DOS Lemmings as well as Lemmings for Windows.

Keep in touch!

Happy New Year! Best wishes for 2008.
Lorcan

#4 aptfire   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

Hi, I sent you an email on the 30th but still haven't heard back.

I'd like to work on the project.

Please check your mail box or respond here.

Thanks,
Aptfire

#5 lorcan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

Quote:
Original post by aptfire
Hi, I sent you an email on the 30th but still haven't heard back.

I'd like to work on the project.

Please check your mail box or respond here.

Thanks,
Aptfire

Ups, sorry Aptfire. I was certain I replied to your email but I realize I didn't send it (maybe due New Year's eve :-p) I'll write it again.. Sorry for the delay!

Btw Happy New Year! ;-)

Lorcan

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS