• Create Account

Forgoted to Release a Surface

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 BenB   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 October 1999 - 02:26 AM

Hello!
I have created a DirectDraw program, but one time I have forgoted to Release a Surface. My computer worked very slow. I have rebooted my computer and it worked fine. Is anything OK now?

Sponsor:

#2 Philippo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 October 1999 - 08:42 AM

hi.

When you forget to release a surface, it remains in (system)-memory after the program
ends. When you reboot your computer, the
memory is erased, so of cause everything is
OK now!

bye ...

------------------
Philippo
s_buschmann@gmx.de
http://privat.schlund.de/Gerio

#3 Cromulus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 October 1999 - 10:35 AM

Unless your computer is really different than mine, forgetting to release a surface won't actually cause a noticeable effect (unless you forget to release something like 100 surfaces). And yes, it will be fixed after you reset

------------------
Visit the homepage of my (soon to be 'net multiplayer) Tank Game at http://members.home.net/chris-man

#4 Facehat   Members   -  Reputation: 696

Posted 04 October 1999 - 12:51 PM

I might be wrong, but doesn't DDHELP.EXE try and detect it when you forget to release things? Or does it do something completely different?

--TheGoop

#5 Melo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 October 1999 - 02:26 AM

I've read that the DirectDraw-Surfaces are released automatically when the DirectDraw-Object is released...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS