• Create Account

.lwo(Lightwave) loader for D3DIM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Auday   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 October 1999 - 05:49 AM

Hi
I'm going to make a class that loads .lwo files and convert them into a data structure that can be sent directly to DrawIndexedPrimitive , it will also include some other methods that help with .lwo files like converting them into readable description text , returning a list of pointers for each chunk , and so on ...
Now , I want to know if someone already did something similar so that I would not reinvent the wheel , if not is there anybody interested in using it , if yes then I will make it more general and write good Docs for it , of course it will be available as a source code for free I'm new to the Game Developers community and like to do something helpful coz I already got lot of help and free stuff from the others

Sponsor:

#2 Khawk   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 1360

Posted 20 October 1999 - 01:31 PM

I don't know if someone has already done this, but you might be able to find the Lightwave file format at Wotsit's ( www.wotsit.org ) Hope that helps.

Kevin

#3 Pseudo   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 23 October 1999 - 05:49 AM

I'd like to see the code for that when you are done.

ICQ# 10076314
Email: Pseudo_me@email.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS