• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Lock returns DDERR_SURFACEBUSY after multitask?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Starfall   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 31 October 1999 - 05:03 PM

I've been getting a few problems with my oft-used DDraw surfaces in a program I'm currently working on. Basically, when I multitask out and back in again, several surfaces aren't being drawn. When I debugged this problem it led back to the surface Lock commands returning DDERR_SURFACEBUSY. According to the documentation, this means that I'm trying to lock a surface that is already locked. My functions clearly unlock each surface after using it, however. I have been able to solve the problem by calling Unlock(NULL) on the surface when I get a DDERR_SURFACEBUSY error, but is there a way to stop this altogether? I don't really want to have to look for this error every time I lock a surface, and I don't think this is normal behaviour (or is it?).

At least one of the surfaces that exhibits this behaviour is created with the DDSCAPS_SYSTEMMEMORY flag, and thus should not be in video memory, which was my original suspicion.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks

Starfall

[This message has been edited by Starfall (edited October 31, 1999).]

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS