• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

DirectX7 Setup Redist Help

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 04 November 1999 - 03:24 AM

Has anyone got the Direct7 Redistributables working? The storage seems different from the older versions.. The DirectX 7.0 SDK has the DSETUP.DLL's, and then a big CAB file called DIRECTX.. No DirectX Subdirectory or anything.. Weird.. And when I run a simple test program..
if(DirectXSetup(hwnd, NULL, DSETUP_DIRECT) != DSETUPERR_SUCCESS) // error msg//
it won't work.. Even if I change the null to show the specific directory (NULL means current).. it still won't work.. it starts to say setting up DirectX and all.. and then it exits with the error before the bar goes accross the screen.. and sometimes I can't get it to work at all.. I wonder if it's my system...

Anybody?

Sponsor:

#2 D   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 November 1999 - 03:24 AM

I have gotten it to work and the only thing I can think of is you might not have all the files in the same folder. You should have:
directx.cab
dxsetup.exe
dsetup32.dll
dsetup.dll
directx.inf
cfgmgr32.dll
setupapi.dll
Check the error it's returning and that will probably give you a better idea of whats wrong.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS