• Create Account

Saving Surfaces

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rambo_Bill   Members   -  Reputation: 114

Posted 04 November 1999 - 03:14 PM

Is there an easy way to save a DirectDrawSurface7 in VB. I don't only mean the pixel data, but I also need to save all of DDSURFACEDESC2 type. I am thinking along the lines of a pointer in C++ where I would just increment it throught the Struct or in VB case a Type while writing it into a file.

Hopefully there is an easier way than hardcoding writing all the various vars into a file then locking the surface into an array and writing that..

Sponsor:

#2 Rambo_Bill   Members   -  Reputation: 114

Posted 04 November 1999 - 03:14 PM

You can write entire types to files, but not types that contain objects ;(. I found a way to get the memory address of a type by using agGetAddressForObject in a third party (www.desaware.com) .Dll (APIGID32.DLL also need the .bas file to use) that came with the book "Dan Applemans Visual Basic 5.0 Guide to the Win 32 API". However I still would somehow have to skip the objects contained in the type. Although I beleive it would be possible to write a routine to do this. I think by the time I did, I could have just hardcoded all the values and still have plenty time left over.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS