• Create Account

Neural Network - Discussion

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic

#101 Hnefi   Members   -  Reputation: 386

0Likes

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:07 AM

Quote:
Original post by KylotanAnd I seem to remember someone wrote a simple Bayesian predictor for an FPS which, given your current position, very accurately estimates where you're going to go next, meaning it can almost always be waiting for you in an optimal position. It's easy to do.

Sounds intruiging. Got a link or a name?

Sponsor:

#102 IADaveMark   Moderators   -  Reputation: 2462

0Likes

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:12 AM

I can see how that would work. As for researching it, start with getting comfortable with Bayesian networks. The whole idea behind Bayesian stuff is taking observables and combining them with uncertain, yet relatively likely premises, to arrive at what is the most likely outcome.

Once you are familiar with how they work, the implementation should be obvious. At that point, everything becomes problem-specific.
Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC

Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Co-founder of the AI Game Programmers Guild
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI

Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

#103 Hnefi   Members   -  Reputation: 386

0Likes

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

I am familiar with them. I have implemented something similar in RoboCup. I'm interested in this particular implementation because Kylotan mentioned it achieved optimal behaviour, which isn't always easy - at least not given a limited sample size to learn from.

#104 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

0Likes

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

My use of the word optimal wasn't a strict one. After all, who could judge whether the position truly was the best?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS