• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

OpenGL Texture Mapping!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nomad   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 24 November 1999 - 10:09 AM

Hi, I am trying to learn OpenGL and so far it has been good however I got to the tutorial on texture mapping on NeHe's site and i wanted to add a background.Basically grass a 2-d quad with a grass texture and a sky another 2d quad with a sky texture. However whenever I try to run the modified code i get the error can not load sky.bmp or grass.bmp I am bindibg and unpacking the exact same way the other textures are and my other textures all fit the requirements 128x128 pixles in .bmp format in 24-bit color and no matter what i try it always fails to load that texture, Please help.

Nomad

Sponsor:

#2 Smack0007   Members   -  Reputation: 157

Posted 24 November 1999 - 10:09 AM

I ran into this same problem too. Make sure you have them in the right directory. Such as, if the location of your program is
c:\stuff, make sure the .bmp s are in that directory. If you are using VC++ 6.0, make sure the bmps are in the original directory, not in the \Debug directory.

------------------
zac@qisfl.net
Snowsoft Online

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS