• Create Account

DInput exclusive-mode mouse problems

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 24 November 1999 - 02:32 PM

I know that when I put a DInput device like the mouse in exclusive mode, it is my responsibility to release and acquire it when given certain messages, which I do. And for the most part, my app behaves well with alt-tabbing, ctrl-alt-deleting, etc. However, I am experiencing one frustrating inadequacy right now. When I set a debug breakpoint, and hit it, the mouse is not getting released, so I have no mouse to work with in the debugger!! So, my question is, how do I detect a "debug break" type event/message and properly release the mouse device? Or do I have to not use the mouse in exclusive mode if I plan on debugging? This is local debugging, btw, obviously :^).

Thanks,
N.Treat

Sponsor:

#2 mutex   Members   -  Reputation: 1109

Posted 24 November 1999 - 02:32 PM

hmmm, i don't think there's away around the problem you described. i guess you can't use it in exclusive mode, like you said. or you can get another computer and remote debug =) the second doesn't have to be powerful at all, i remote debug on a P166 with old matrox (and this is for 3d stuff)...

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/mutex0

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS