• Create Account

[java] Image question

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 lupine   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 June 2001 - 06:56 AM

****this is not, strictly, a java question, but I need a straight answer... When making a sprite in adobe ImageReady I go *NEW and it asks if I want to do "transparent", "background", or "white?" Now for a sprite, I use transparent and for a map tile I use background? right? thanks

Sponsor:

#2 eboz   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 June 2001 - 09:02 AM

Well, I''m personally using Paint Shop Pro, but I''d say yes. You want Transparent for any sprite images.

For Tiles, it''s a toss-up. For base tiles (assuming you are doing a simple 2D tile engine and not Iso-Hex) either background or white will be fine (as you will be covering the whole surface anyway). For Some tiles (Object tiles for instance...think StarCraft), they will need to be Transparent.

If you are doing an Isometric or Hex engine, Transparent is the way to go for all.

Hope that helps.

Eboz

#3 lupine   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 June 2001 - 09:59 AM

That helps a mint!

many thanks!
Lupine

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS