• Create Account

Direct3d Retained Mode

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 dee_ex   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 December 1999 - 12:50 PM

Help with textures, can someone give me an indepth approach to textures?? on .x files... on multiple faces.. on a flat plane .x object(for ground) for anything in Retained mode... the tiger example (Loadfile) shows the tiger but the .x file says it has only 1 face??????????
thanx

------------------
help... help...

Sponsor:

#2 Sixpack   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 December 1999 - 05:48 AM

FYI: I believe that MS has stopped supporting Retained mode. Perhaps it would be better to think twice about investing time into learning RM.

Six

#3 Sieggy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 December 1999 - 06:29 AM

I've heard the same thing about RM. I played with it for a few weeks and it is a nice intro if you are new to 3d but I would move to IM. Its a little daunting at first but not to bad. :-).

I would look at the MS texturing examples, especially the utilities provided by d3dx.h d3dtextr.h which make it a real breeze.

Take a look at the tutorial recently posed here on gamedev about the d3dx framework. Its also a nice intro on setting up the new IM environment.

#4 dee_ex   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 December 1999 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, the problem is i'm 1/2 way thru my project and i don't have time to start IM,
i would, but not for this project

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS