• Create Account

Destination Colour Keys == Evil

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 WORF   Members   -  Reputation: 112

Posted 06 December 1999 - 07:16 PM

I have a theory that destination color keys hate me. This left me wondering if destination color keys are hardware dependent. I have gotten source color keys up and working no problem, but a blt with a DDBLT_KEYDEST flag always fails. I'm setting the color key like thus:

DDCOLORKEY ddck;

memset((DDCOLORKEY*)&ddck, 0, sizeof(ddck));

ddck.dwColorSpaceHighValue = RGB16(0,0,0);
ddck.dwColorSpaceLowValue = RGB16(0,0,0);

ddsFont->SetColorKey(DDCKEY_DESTBLT, &ddck);

Any ideas?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm not sure if this message board inputs linefeeds for me or if I need br tags. Sorry if the formatting is messed up

Sponsor:

#2 Bracket   Members   -  Reputation: 240

Posted 06 December 1999 - 07:16 PM

I seem to recall it mentioning in La Mothe's book (Tricks of the windows game programming gurus) that destination colour keying isn't supported in software - and that a lot of cards don't support it. He suggests sticking with source colour keying (even though destination colour keying is pretty neat).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS