Changing the 'file folder' icon ??

Started by
2 comments, last by granat 22 years, 10 months ago
I was just fooling around with the look of my colors in windows and found some cool colors (I think). Unfortunately the yellow file icons look really bad against the colors I have chosen. I tried to make a new icon and import it in FOLDER OPTIONS-> FILETYPES but it wont work...It works for other files but not the file folders.... Has anybody tried this before and succeded...??
-------------Ban KalvinB !
Advertisement
OK, it can be done with some messy registry editing, but I don''t know how to do it that way. The way I do it is use a program called... damn, I forgot what it was called (I don''t believe it), prehaps someone can fill this poor dude in? Anyways, just search for icon programs on the net. (I think it is somthing-icons 98) and what it does is do the registry editing for you. You can set icons for all folders, one open and one closed, and you can also creat icons for specific folders, but the disadvantage of this is that they become system folders (ask bill...)

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
I already looked in the registry and I can see that my own icon path and name is in there...But I must admit...I don´t know much about where the registry keeps things...

I managed to find a program called ACTIVICONS which does the job.

You can find it here among many other icon programs....

http://5star.freeserve.com/Desktop/IconTools/IconTools1.html

-- There IS something rotten in the state of Denmark --

Edited by - granat on June 13, 2001 9:00:42 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement