• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

D3DX10ReflectShader on non-SP1 Vista

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 DaBono   Members   -  Reputation: 1005

0Likes

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:34 AM

I'm making my first steps on using shader reflection in DX10. Now the docs say that I must use D3DX10ReflectShader, which will give me a pointer to a ID3D10ShaderReflection1. The 1 at the end leads me to believe it's a DirectX 10.1-structure, as does the remark in the documentation: 'This requires Windows Vista Service Pack 1'. So what happens when I use D3DX10ReflectShader on a Vista that does not have SP1? Can I simply cast the returned pointer to a ID3D10ShaderReflection, thereby maintaining DX 10.0 compatibility?

Sponsor:

#2 Jalibr   Members   -  Reputation: 283

0Likes

Posted 26 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

All of the reflection code is hosted in d3dcompiler.dll, so there shouldn't be any requirements on Vista SP1.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS