• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Achieving non-color additive blending with D3DIM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 mason   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 13 December 1999 - 06:46 AM

So I've got D3DIM doing my alpha-blits for me. Cool stuff.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to escape color-additive alpha blending. For example... if I take a completely black square (no colorkey) and alpha-blit it to the background, I want a "tinted-window" effect, where it simply darkens the pixels. Instead I get nothing, as if it can only make the bg *brighter*, never darker.

My hunch is that this has something to do with the rendering state... specifically, the blend factors for the source and destination (XXX_ZERO or XXX_ONE).

Can someone please explain to me how these work, and what things I should set to get that nifty "tinted window" effect?

Thanks much...

Mason McCuskey
Spin Studios
www.spin-studios.com

Sponsor:

#2 Zargoun   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 December 1999 - 06:46 AM

Well I have no solution to this question but rather another question in the same thread....

I have worked on alpha-blend sprite with D3D IM, and it works well (using BLEND_INVSRCCOLOR. But how can you do with video cards supporting only BLEND_ALPHA ??? (this is the case on matrox MGA G100 for example....)

thanksssssssssss......

[This message has been edited by Zargoun (edited December 13, 1999).]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS