• Create Account

programming enviroment probs (GL)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flowerpower   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 June 2001 - 09:16 PM

I use MSVC++ and programmed a little applet with c++, but the VC++ somehow lost half of the program so I had to reinstall, and then add the glut32.dll, glut32.lib and glut.h. So far so good, but know I can''t compile this line: bool ballfly = true; I have to change it to: GLboolean ballfly = 1; Why? OpenGL is only an Api and not a complete programming language, so I should be able to use normal C++ or not?

Sponsor:

#2 Krippy2k   Members   -  Reputation: 134

Posted 16 June 2001 - 09:28 PM

Make sure your source files have the .cpp extension and that your project settings are setup for C++ and not straight C.

''bool'' and ''true'' are automatically valid in C++ but not in C.

#3 Flowerpower   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 June 2001 - 10:17 PM

And how can I check if I am using straight C or C++?

#4 ludemann8   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 June 2001 - 12:29 AM

like Krippy2k said, make sure the extension on your source files are cpp, and not c.

#5 Flowerpower   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 June 2001 - 01:07 AM

Thanks

#6 Krippy2k   Members   -  Reputation: 134

Posted 17 June 2001 - 04:01 AM

Sorry, on an older version of MSVC that I had you could change an option in the project settings that would compile everything as C or C++ regardless of the extension, but it does not appear to be there in version 6. Or I can''t find it. lol

Seeya
Krippy

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS