VCOMP.LIB

Started by
11 comments, last by Mona777 15 years, 5 months ago
Hi there, I'm getting the following message (in the linking section) when I compile my C++ program. I'm trying to use direct sound but not sure if that is related: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'VCOMP.lib' can anyone help please Thank you very much
Advertisement
It's unrelated to DirectSound. Something in your application is linking to VCOMP.lib. Google says it's OpenMP.
Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know what I should do about it?
Disable OpenMP in your project settings -> C/C++ -> Language -> OpenMP Support.
Thank you. I did that but it made no difference. I disabled and also enabled OpenMP support and both gave me the same result in release mode.
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'VCOMP.lib'
However in Debug mode in both caes(enabled and disabled) it gave me this:
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'VCOMPD.lib'
Is VCOMP.lib on your Additional Dependencies line in the linker inputs section? Do a find-all in your code for #pragma comment directives that may be using "comment(lib,'VCOMP.lib')" or the like.

Copy and paste the text from the "Command Line" sections of the C++ and Linker lists in the project properties (they should be towards the bottom of each list) and post them here.
ah thank you for helping, I've been so stuck. OK I did the search for #pargma...
and I got:
Find all "#pragma", Subfolders, Find Results 1, "Entire Solution"
\\dfs\Users\ramonab\code\MRV\v0.5\rsrc\resources.rc(21):#pragma code_page(1252)
\\dfs\Users\ramonab\code\MRV\v0.5\rsrc\resources.rc(68):#pragma code_page(1252)
\\dfs\Users\ramonab\code\MRV\v0.5\src\audio.cpp(25):#pragma comment (lib, "dsound.lib")
Matching lines: 3 Matching files: 2 Total files searched: 21

it is looking only for "dsound.lib" which I found in my libraries.

I also went to Project->Properties->Linker->Input->additional dependencies and there I found:
winmm.lib
opengl32.lib
glu32.lib
glewd.lib
glutd.lib
cg.lib
dsound.lib
(some of them libraries that were written by someone that is no longer with us)
nothing about VCOMP.lib

do you think we can do something with this? I'm ever so grateful.
P.S. in the debug Buildlog.htm I found:

Creating command line "link.exe @\\dfs\Users\ramonab\code\MRV\v0.5\Debug\RSP00000134562856.rsp /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"

Output Window
Linking...

Results
Build log was saved at "file://\\goldensq\dfs\Users\ramonab\code\MicReactiveVisuals\v0.5\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
MicReactiveVisuals - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

P.S. maybe this will help, but doubt it in the debug Buildlog.htm I found:

Creating command line "link.exe @\\dfs\Users\ramonab\code\MRV\v0.5\Debug\RSP00000134562856.rsp /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"

Output Window
Linking...

Results
Build log was saved at "file://\\dfs\Users\ramonab\code\MicReactiveVisuals\v0.5\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
MicReactiveVisuals - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thanks

This might help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0h7x01y0(VS.80).aspx

If not, LMK :-D
"I'd rather know one thing, no matter how ordinary, than discourse endlessly on great issues." -- Galileo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement