Where do I go from here?

Started by
1 comment, last by NookieMonster 22 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I have a question for all the Expert Programmers ( the ones who could make the next Quake or StarCraft ). I''ve been programming for the past couple years (15y.o.) and here''s what i''ve accomplished: -Six 2d games under QBasic (16bit Language under Dos) -Two 2D game under DirectX, pong & Asteroids. But, WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE? I dont want to go into full blown 3d programming yet. Are there any books, tutorials, or articles you would recommend? Or any General areas i should go for? thanks, Rob
Advertisement
Not that im an expert or anything, far from it, but i think you should possibly do a 2d sidecroller?
~Xaman
Have you seen Commander Keen? Try something like that, or Jazz Jackrabit (any of the old 2D apogee games). They are really good for learning a bit more about creating a wider scoping game.

After that you could always go the Zelda route. A 2D game with a large map. Looking top-down onto the map and controlling a little character to walk around the larger world of your map.

Good luck

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement