Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.


drawindexedprim error


Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

  • You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Likes

Posted 22 December 1999 - 12:21 AM

I am receiving the following return value from DrawIndexedPrimitive (using DX7).

-2005532527

I did a switch and checked the cases that are documented for this method and got no matches. Really strange....I can't find any documentation that tells you what numeric values are the equivalent of the #define error msg...hmmmm. maybe I'll check the header file...

The weird thing is that everything works fine on my dev computer and I have the same SDK, .dlls, .libs, etc installed on the computer I am failing on.

Anyone have any ideas?



Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Likes

Posted 22 December 1999 - 12:21 AM

OK, I managed to figure it out...the error was actually a DDRAW error being returned by the device. It was INVALIDPIXELFORMAT. What a pain in the butt reverse engineering the HRESULT! All of that silly bit shifting :-) Must have taken me at least 10 minutes. Well maybe not that long...

Anyway, now I know it is my texture map surface. It is a 16 bit map and my guess is that my card (TNT2) wants a 555 format and I'm going 565 or vice versa. So, gotta go fix it now.....I guess I'll check the devicecaps pixelformat next time! Thanks folks.





Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.



PARTNERS