• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Direct3D Graphics Pipeline

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 John Mabbott   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 December 1999 - 01:47 AM

Hello,

I'm interested in coding a portal rendering engine with DirectX 7, using the utility library. I want to use as much hardware acceleration as possible and I want to try to conform to the existing Direct3D standards wherever possible. Therefore, I would like to use the same parameters to calculate my clipping frustrums as Direct3D uses in the normal world to screen transformation. My question is, what steps are performed by Direct3D to transform my world coordinates to screen coordinates? If I knew what Direct3D does in the graphics pipeline in detail, I could duplicate that functionality to perform the necessary portal clips.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsor:

#2 Sieggy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 December 1999 - 01:47 AM

The documentation with D3D 7 is actually halfway decent this time around. Take a look at the IM documentation that comes with the 7. They go into reasonable detail on the geometry pipeline.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS