• Create Account

Here's an interesting one...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chaster   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 December 1999 - 06:55 PM

Okay folks, this is a weird one... I am a long time DX programmer (since DX 1 !!!) and I've just been flabbergasted at this problem I get with D3DX...

I am coding in straight C, not C++, so I am using the virtual table (lpVtbl->yadayadayada) to access the member functions. However, when I try to access the member functions of the D3DX context, I get a compile time error saying that the call is returning a pointer to a vertexbuffer!?!?

Example:
LPDIRECT3DDEVICE7 m_pD3DDev;
ID3DXContext* m_pD3DX;

m_pD3DDev = m_pD3DX->lpVtbl->GetD3DDevice(m_pD3DX);

This line gives me the following compile warning:

warning C4133: 'function' : incompatible types - from 'struct ID3DXContext *' to 'struct IDirect3DVertexBuffer7 *'

Anybody care to illuminate me?

Thanks,

Chaster

Sponsor:

#2 Coder++   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 December 1999 - 06:55 PM

Well obviously that code is correct, and it seems to function properly. I tried it out, and I get the same warning. I'd say it's a definate flaw in Microsoft's well-written (heehawheehaw) D3DX.H.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS