• Create Account

funny storry

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 newt   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 June 2001 - 05:43 AM

Just a litte hint to save you time... I spend hours before I found this anoying bug: All things worked well until i tryed to add a skybox. But when I did draw the box, openGL has gone mad (didn''t cleared the z-buffer, could not determine the oGL Version and the Extensions...). But finaly this line caused all the trouble: glEnd; But i didn''t wrote the program in pascal (C/C++)! Who knows whats wrong?

Sponsor:

#2 Gorg   Members   -  Reputation: 248

Posted 26 June 2001 - 06:00 AM

It should be glEnd();

glEnd is a function.

The thing is, since functions are actually pointers, then you can type no-op statement with them also. So glEnd; is a valid C++ statement,

just like this is also valid :

int a;

a;

though I know that if you use a function like that VC++ 6 will give you a warning.

I don't remember for GCC.

Edited by - Gorg on June 26, 2001 1:01:54 PM

#3 newt   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 26 June 2001 - 07:25 AM

Unfortunately some things become invisible after looking too long at them

#4 AIRmichael   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 28 June 2001 - 03:00 AM

Lol yeah, the smallest bugs are the most annoying ones, u just cant find them. I also forgot to use glEnd(); last time... and euhm my textures went all wrong.. till i noticed i did a test a while ago what caused the problem hehe.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS