• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

EVERYBODY PLEASE SEE THIS !!!!!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

#1 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 01:34 PM

So... Everybody says that vc++ is better than borland's builder right ? But look at this, and maybe u'll chage your mind. I did change mine !!!. Every good company show it's product against a competitor. Hummmmm.... ! Borland show that very well and in the other hand Microsoft DOESN'T , why ? Hehehe u know y !! LOOK AT THIS PLEASE "The shortcut is not always the best way " Metal Typhoon Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 8:38:32 PM Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 8:39:49 PM

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 27 June 2001 - 01:43 PM

Borland is better for developing Bussiness Applications.

#3 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 01:49 PM

Hummmm. Interesting statement. But y not for games when it does the same as vc++ and MUCH , BUT MUCH MORE .... ?

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon

#4 Martee   Members   -  Reputation: 476

Posted 27 June 2001 - 01:52 PM

"Real Visual Development"
Ooh! I''m convinced!

"Database Enabled ISAPI, NSAPI, and CGI Development"
"ADO Express for fast connections to any Data"
"Integrated CORBA Development"
And we all know how important these are when it comes to game development

Seriously, though, I have nothing against Borland. I simply prefer VC++. And I don''t need the kind of stuff listed above.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee

#5 Maximus   Members   -  Reputation: 124

Posted 27 June 2001 - 01:55 PM

"Real Visual Development"

I guess they never used the dialog editor in VC.

#6 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 01:59 PM

Borland rules dude. I can do anything that vc++ can. And even more. Now aswer me this Y not use it ? Y ?

Metal Typhoon

#7 Ratman   Members   -  Reputation: 181

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:03 PM

Hmm Im hungry

Writing a game w/ Borland C++ Builder is like cooking a turkey in a microwave.

Writing a game tool w/ MS VC++ is like reheating a pizza in an over.

or something...

#8 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:06 PM

Hummm... !!!

I think that the microwave thing is better u know !!!!
Heheheheh. Good inlustration dude !!!!!

Metal Typhoon

#9 Cyberdrek   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:07 PM

quote:
Original post by Metal Typhoon
So... Everybody says that vc++ is better than borland''s builder right ? But look at this, and maybe u''ll chage your mind. I did change mine !!!. Every good company show it''s product against a competitor. Hummmmm.... ! Borland show that very well and in the other hand Microsoft DOESN''T , why ? Hehehe u know y !!

LOOK AT THIS PLEASE

Metal Typhoon

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 8:38:32 PM

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 8:39:49 PM

Actually, Borland has always been a better compiler than VC++, people only use vc++ because DX can be integrated to it''s projects with more ease. That''s the only reason why people use VC++. VC++ is actually a good compiler, don''t get me wrong. I''ve used borland compilers for quite a while back when dos was the operating system most people had and I also used symantec''s compiler in order to use DOS4G. Now, I found that the best compiler IMHO is CodeWarrior. The interface is easy to use and understand ans I just like the way it works also. It''s better suited to answer my needs... Anyhow, those are my opinions and aren''t meant to be offending for anybody... Sorry if it did..

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!

#10 Martee   Members   -  Reputation: 476

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:09 PM

Uh, no ...
What about all the VC++ features that Borland chose not to list?

Oh, and another reason I use VC++ is that I got it for free.

Edit: this is in reply to Metal Typhoon.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee

Edited by - Martee on June 27, 2001 9:09:48 PM

#11 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:10 PM

I loved your answer. And isn''t Codewarrior just for MAC ? I''ve used only in MAC.

Metal Typhoon

#12 MiniZap   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:11 PM

quote:
So... Everybody says that vc++ is better than borland''s builder right ? But look at this, and maybe u''ll chage your mind. I did change mine !!!. Every good company show it''s product against a competitor. Hummmmm.... ! Borland show that very well and in the other hand Microsoft DOESN''T , why ? Hehehe u know y !!

Your a complete moron for even posting this on the forum and I will hope that someday you''ll actually realize how stupid you''ve acted. I use VC++6.0 and I never tried Boredland and you know what, I dont care! Visual C++ may not be as *perfect* as you think Boredland is but I like Visual C++ because it gets the job I need done. Why are you constantly posting crap on these forums you stupid disgrace for a newbie. If you had a half a brain or a life then you wouldn''t be posting crap like this but you''d be sitting at your computer eating Ramen Noodles and programming something with your *perfect* Boredland compiler. Loser.

#13 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:13 PM

quote:
Original post by Martee
Uh, no ...
What about all the VC++ features that Borland chose not to list?

Oh, and another reason I use VC++ is that I got it for free.

Edit: this is in reply to Metal Typhoon.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee

Edited by - Martee on June 27, 2001 9:09:48 PM

Hahahahaha. And y Microsoft didn''t do the same and show agains''t another product , SINCE it''s better ? That should be obvious right ? Hummm...

Metal Typhoon

#14 merlin9x9   Members   -  Reputation: 174

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:13 PM

VC++, C++ Builder, CodeWarrior, blah. Use whatever you happen to like, because they all basically do the same thing.

#15 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:16 PM

quote:
Original post by MiniZap
[quote]Original post by Metal Typhoon

Your a complete moron for even posting this on the forum and I will hope that someday you''ll actually realize how stupid you''ve acted. I use VC++6.0 and I never tried Boredland and you know what, I dont care! Visual C++ may not be as *perfect* as you think Boredland is but I like Visual C++ because it gets the job I need done. Why are you constantly posting crap on these forums you stupid disgrace for a newbie. If you had a half a brain or a life then you wouldn''t be posting crap like this but you''d be sitting at your computer eating Ramen Noodles and programming something with your *perfect* Boredland compiler. Loser.

Sorry if i did offend u. But you''re welcome to quit k ?

Metal Typhoon

#16 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:18 PM

quote:
Original post by merlin9x9
VC++, C++ Builder, CodeWarrior, blah. Use whatever you happen to like, because they all basically do the same thing.

WOW dude, what an answer , yeah !!

Metal Typhoon

#17 Maximus   Members   -  Reputation: 124

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:20 PM

Borland show the positive points of their ide & compiler to make it look good, they arent going to show the negatives and all the things that VC6 does better than it.

It''s called advertising, and after a while you learn not to believe it.

Anyway I use VC6 because it''s what I have. Im not going out and buying another compiler just because it is advertised to supposedly be better.

#18 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:23 PM

NO,NO,NO. U didn''t get it. IF MICROSOFT''S COMPILER WAS THAT GOOD ,ENOUGH TO BET BORLAND''S, THE WOULD AT LEAST ADVERTISE, RIGHT ? BUT Y THEY DON''T DO IT ? Y

Metal Typhoon

#19 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:27 PM

quote:
NO,NO,NO. U didn''t get it. IF MICROSOFT''S COMPILER WAS THAT GOOD ,ENOUGH TO BET BORLAND''S, THE WOULD AT LEAST ADVERTISE, RIGHT ? BUT Y THEY DON''T DO IT ? Y

I need help I think my computer has a virus, wait wait, no. Sorry, it''s no virus its just a message board with Metal Typhoon''s annoying messages.

#20 Metal Typhoon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 June 2001 - 02:28 PM

I''m serious man ! if u wanna answer shit , don''t do it please !

Metal Typhoon

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS