• Create Account

render to bitmap 2 (the sequal)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 ironfroggy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 June 2001 - 04:28 PM

OK, thanks everyone! Now.. how can i do this with depth data as well?

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 28 June 2001 - 05:59 PM

Here''s an idea: read the manual. It''s called glReadPixels. It''s what you would use to read textures, depth or even stencil buffer information.

#3 ironfroggy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 June 2001 - 03:13 PM

Here''s another idea:

Don''t be an asshole. Not everyone has such a non-existent life that they can read through all those things. Some people have stuff to do.

#4 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 29 June 2001 - 11:12 PM

do u want to draw to the depth buffer or read from it?

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

#5 ironfroggy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 01:06 PM

Both. what i wanna be able to do in essence is render a cube, image and depth, to memory and then draw that to another rendered scene, using the depth buffer so that it only draws whats closer than things already there. Of course i want to be able to move it around X,Y, and Z but that shouldnt be too much harder after I figure out all this.

#6 ironfroggy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 July 2001 - 03:38 AM

Is anyone going to help???

// God.c
void main() {
WORLD Earth;
LIFE People = Earth.CreateLife(HUMAN);
GiveHope(&People);
delete Earth;
EvilCackle();
}

#7 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 02 July 2001 - 03:33 PM

fastest w3ay to draw to the depth buffer isd draw the polygons normally with glColorMask(0,0,0,0) ie only the depth info will get written
to read back the depth buffer use glReadPixels( GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT )

BUT from reading this
>>. what i wanna be able to do in essence is render a cube, image and depth, to memory and then draw that to another rendered scene, using the depth buffer so that it only draws whats closer than things already there. Of course i want to be able to move it around X,Y, and Z but that shouldnt be too much harder after I figure out all this. <<

youre prolly best off with the wgl_buffer_region extension , an example is on my site

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS