• Create Account

Detail textures for a terrain

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Azrael   Members   -  Reputation: 128

Posted 29 June 2001 - 02:49 AM

This is a very simple question, I have a terrine engine going and I want to use some detail textures on it. Right now Im precalculating a texture and then pasting it over a heightmap , how can I do this?

Sponsor:

#2 Khawk   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 1360

Posted 29 June 2001 - 04:04 AM

I was just looking at this stuff last night. Go to Vterrain.org and look up their stuff on terrain textures. As you''ll find, there are several ways to implement detail textures, each implementation with its own pro''s and con''s. Just pick the one that''s right for you.

Kevin

#3 mittens   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1315

Posted 29 June 2001 - 07:03 AM

Most of flipcode''s patrons seem to specialize in terrain engines, and there are some really nice tuts/articles there. So go check them out (www.flipcode.com).

------------------------------
Trent (ShiningKnight)
E-mail me
OpenGL Game Programming Tutorials

#4 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 29 June 2001 - 07:15 AM

Quick question. That VTerrain site is excellent except all the articles are in PostScript format. How do I open them?!

#5 Khawk   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 1360

Posted 30 June 2001 - 09:29 AM

I don''t have the URL, but do a search for "ghostview" or even "postscript". A search will bring up some sites that have ghostview for download, which you can use to view postscript files.

Kevin

#6 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 02 July 2001 - 06:34 AM

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Is there anything you message board guru''s can''t do?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS