• Create Account

Iron Grip: Warlord Needs Animator and a Mapper - RTS/FPS - Isotx

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mon1que   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:48 AM

Team name: Isotx, Inc Project name: Iron Grip: Warlord (IG:W) Brief description: Isotx is a unique group of individuals who are as passionate about playing games as they are making them. We are a close-knit indie company that has recently released its first retail title that is on Direct2Drive, soon to release on Stardock, and in negotiations with Steam. By joining the Isotx team, you gain a chance to work with a truly diverse team on an exciting RTS/FPS title that was featured in this year's IGF. Target aim: Retail - Indie Game Compensation: We are offering a paid monthly contract, amount to be decided upon depending on credentials and experience. This applies to all positions we are currently seeking. Technology: IG: W uses the idTech 3 engine (Quake III). We have recently procured a full license for TeamSpeak 3 in-game, and may be using the Source SDK soon for our game. Additionally, one of our programmers has made their own unique special effects program to use when developing for our game which our team will help all new people learn. Talent needed: Animator - We need someone who can rig models, export to MD5 format, invert bone structures, add special model requirements (muzzle/attach points, etc). This is top priority, and previous experience (via mods or other indie games) is a must. Mapper - We are also looking for someone who is familiar in idTech 3 (Quake III) mapping with creative visions to help us create new levels and zones. Community Manager - This is the last priority, but since we are doing a post here, I thought I would mention it. We are looking for someone who is eager, willing to learn, and would like to tackle forum moderation as our forums grow above 20,000 users. It is also a paid position, but requires no developing experience - just an interest developing enthusiasm. Team structure: The biggest reason we're looking for an animator/mapper now is because we are working on another project and it is taking away resources. The former team will be around to help as well as the current team: Drew - Producer Monique (that's me) - Marketing Manager & Head Community Manager Eyal - QA Uwe - Lead Programmer Nikos - Product Manager Kyle - Mapper Website: Isotx.com - Our main hub, with our forums IGWarlord.com - Our video game's website Contacts: Please send all inquiries to monique@isotx.com. Previous Work by Team: Our big project is Iron Grip: Warlord - official site here. Before that, we made a lot of HL-2 and CnC3 mods. You can see us on D2D (here) as proof we're legitimate. Finally, if you want to play our game, it's free to try as a demo, so if you're interested in seeing what you would be working with - the world, the characters, and the overall game - you can always download it from the download section. Additional Info: Iron Grip: Warlord is set in a rich universe and we want imaginative people to work and help. Anyone who considers themselves exceptional talent should apply, regardless of credentials or positions listed. Since we're working on other projects, a spot may open up on the Warlord team at any time as people are moved to another area of Isotx. This team will be responsible for adding new levels and moderating future expansions to Warlord. We want self-reliant, hard-working people who are goal minded and problem solvers. As an indie studio, we've had to work from the ground up and are very resilient - we desire co-workers that are of a similar caliber. Also, there is no relocation needed; most of our team works from home. That said, the ability to meet deadlines is a must. Feedback: ENCOURAGING ONLY

Sponsor:

#2 GrandGames   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:58 PM

I sent you an email. This game is so much fun also. Even though it was just the demo, I must have played this game for hours! It is very original and I have never seen a game like it before. I recommend everyone downloads the demo just to try it out, then buy the game. Hope I get on the team so I can help you with this game.

#3 Mon1que   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

Bumping this. We have filled both the mapper and CM positions (thanks guys), but we still want animators! C'mon GameDev, I know you got an animator or two lurking!

#4 The Happy Friar   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:05 AM

I sent you an e-mail w/resume for animator. You should be getting it soon, if not already.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS