• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

WiiWare SDK

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

#1 3DModelerMan   Members   -  Reputation: 1071

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

Does anyone know if there's a way to get an unlicensed WiiWare SDK? I want to play around and find out if the Wii is the right platform for the type of game I want to do. But I want to test some stuff before going through the licensing nightmare.

Sponsor:

#2 Promit   Moderators   -  Reputation: 7675

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

Not legally.

#3 magic_man   Members   -  Reputation: 54

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

Quote:
Original post by Promit
Not legally.

Quote:
But I want to test some stuff before going through the licensing nightmare

And as a shot in the dark based on 3DModelerMan's posting history I personally think you have a cat in hells chance of getting a licence.

#4 zer0wolf   Members   -  Reputation: 1018

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

If you want to know if the Wii is "the right platform" then try downloading one of the open source Wii Remote libraries and run a video out from your computer.

You're not getting the actual Wii SDK, though, no way in hell.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

#5 nsmadsen   Moderators   -  Reputation: 4358

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

Also are you aware that the SDK is VERY expensive and you have to be an authorized developer for Nintendo. If you're serious about trying this and have funds, then contact Nintendo. The worst they can do is say no.

Nate
Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

#6 Maverick Programmer   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

The video game developers black market.

#7 zer0wolf   Members   -  Reputation: 1018

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
Original post by nsmadsen
Also are you aware that the SDK is VERY expensive and you have to be an authorized developer for Nintendo. If you're serious about trying this and have funds, then contact Nintendo. The worst they can do is say no.

Actually, they're not all that expensive. The harder part is becoming an actual authorized developer (because of having to jump through all the business loops).
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

#8 3DModelerMan   Members   -  Reputation: 1071

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:45 AM

Ohh... I didn't realize there wasn't like a demo version or something. I guess the wiimote lib is my best shot.

#9 shurcool   Members   -  Reputation: 439

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

It's not _that_ hard, just ask bob. ;)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS