• Create Account

hlo ppl im nu

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 Noob Saibot   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 09:27 AM

hey dudes im nu 2 game meking n i jus lerned c+ n im planin 2 go lern more advanced languages liek c++ but i wannu mek a game b4 i go 2 lerninf nother lang n i decided to start w/ somfin small n c00l liek quake 1 mabe all im askin 4 is wut should i no 1st b4 writing it n r there ne tutorial on som better game dev siet 2 tell me how 2 start eking quake? thx ppl cya henry

Sponsor:

#2 Martee   Members   -  Reputation: 476

Posted 30 June 2001 - 10:05 AM

I sincerely hope this is a troll, because if you are serious ...

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee

#3 jwalker   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 02:55 PM

cool shortform ..

try writing in 1337 language ... thats even harder to read..

{ Stating the obvious never helped any situation !! }

#4 Oluseyi   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1670

Posted 30 June 2001 - 03:02 PM

quote:
Original post by Noob Saibot
hey dudes im nu 2 game meking ... 2 tell me how 2 start [m]eking quake?

Start Here.

'Nuff said.

Edited by - Oluseyi on June 30, 2001 10:03:12 PM

#5 ChocaPaluza123   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 03:40 PM

It seems that you like to type with words like seit. Maybe you should learn Assembly, it has stuff like MOV in it, so I think you''ll like it. As for Quake, you might want to put that off for a couple years, and start with a game like Pong.

C++

#6 deadlinegrunt   Members   -  Reputation: 123

Posted 30 June 2001 - 04:01 PM

Nyce 1
Shuldn u b make n scary code?

YAP-YFIO
-deadlinegrunt

#7 Moe   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1248

Posted 30 June 2001 - 05:32 PM

Yep, I smell a troll.

Try here

#8 Shover Robot   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 05:41 PM

quote:
Original post by deadlinegrunt
Nyce 1
Shuldn u b make n scary code?

I should push you down the stairs
do you have stairs in your house?

scary codes belong to the pusher robot. he''s inferior

#9 diamondhawk   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 05:53 PM

:sniff: troll? where''s my +3 flaming vorpal sword when i need it? EEP! damn, another D&D Relapse.

#10 Midnight Coder   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 06:13 PM

Alright, if you think Quake 1 is something small, then you are way off. You''re better off with something more realistic for a newbie, like Pong. Also, aside from your C++ books, you should buy one on writing skills (no offense, but seriously, you don''t want to be misspelling function and variable names every five seconds). As for another language, C++ should be fine, you don''t really need to learn another language to make games (except for english possibly). If you know C++, you should buy Tricks of the Windows Gaming Programming Gurus. That should help you. But seriously do not expect to be making Quake on your first project. It will be years before you make something like that, if at all. Start small, like Pong or Tetris, and work your way up.

#11 Noob Saibot   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 June 2001 - 06:39 PM

no u don get it, i don wannu west my time meking gay pong n shit, i wanna mek somefin good 2 sho off 2 my foks n impres em. quake isn that big, i think i can handle that. i jus need a 2torial about mekin wuake

plz... ne links?

henry

#12 Khawk   Senior Staff   -  Reputation: 1360

Posted 30 June 2001 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for your demostration of 1337 speak, pouya. Or should I call you Pusher Robot? Or Shover Robot? Which do you prefer?

Kevin

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS