• Create Account

OK forget DOS then, I need help with DIRECTX!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 arwez   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 December 1999 - 12:04 PM

Ok, I have this compiler called Borland C++ 4.0. I know it's very old, but I am currently taking a c++ class, and I actually know how to use it. I need to know how to get Direct X working on this age old compiler. I need to know if I really need Direct X 7.0 SDK. I much rather get an older version which is SMALLER! And what about downloading just the library and headers?

Sponsor:

#2 SiCrane   Moderators   -  Reputation: 9669

Posted 15 December 1999 - 12:04 PM

If I remember correctly, Borland C++ 4.0 didn't output 32 bit binaries, which would make linking the Direct X libraries impossible.

As for Direct X, if you get an older version don't get anything older than 3.0. Direct X 2 was so screwed up you might as well have waited for the Direct X 7 download to finish, you'd be spending so much time ripping out your hair.

And yes theoretically you can just get the static libraries and the header files for Direct X without getting the whole SDK. That's how the Borland C++ Builder 3 and 4 ship their Direct X support.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS