• Create Account

Hang in wglMakeCurrent with OpenGL from the WindowsSDK

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Digitalfragment   Members   -  Reputation: 873

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Has anyone had any success with using the GL libs that ship with the latest Windows SDK? Simple window loading code that has always worked in the past using the libs that are supplied with VS2005 Enterprise now hang on the first call to wglMakeCurrent(HDC, HGLRC) somewhere deep within ntdll.dll, and for the life of me i cant understand why. Hoping someone here can shed some light on this, I can just use the older libs, but i'd much rather use what should be newer.

Sponsor:

#2 Digitalfragment   Members   -  Reputation: 873

0Likes

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

For NDA reasons i can't provide code, but I've tested this opengl32.lib against a few different public code sources, including even the NeHe tutorials. Even their sourcecode yields this problem...

#3 V-man   Members   -  Reputation: 805

0Likes

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:52 AM

Is there a binary difference between the old lib and new lib?
Also, I wouldn't worry about the lib file. It is just for the linker to know what to do. Use the old lib.

#4 mightypigeon   Members   -  Reputation: 513

0Likes

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

Tried compiling from a different machine?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS