• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Don't forget to read Tuesday's email newsletter for your chance to win a free copy of Construct 2!

Investors etc.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kent Bengtsson   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 October 1999 - 01:42 PM

Hi

I write this topic as a stand alone topic but for u that are intrested in the previous topic I wrote u can look in the CDNet L..

Is there anyway to get investors for a game project ??

What should I think of when I start up a new company ??

Kent Bengtsson

Sponsor:

#2 justin2020   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 October 1999 - 11:39 AM

I'm doing approximately the same thing, and here's my approach:

Get a Business Plan and a Game Design Document down on paper. There's plenty of resources for those out there.

Once I've done that, I plan on shopping it around to various venture capitalists and investment bankers and see what bites. Hope that helps.

Justin Martenstein

#3 DavidRM   Members   -  Reputation: 270

Posted 13 October 1999 - 01:42 PM

Most venture capitalists want an annual return on investment of at least 35%, cashing out relatively quickly (e.g., 3-5 years).

With companies like Ion Storm burning through $M in venture capital with little to show for it, there are far fewer venture capital dollars available for game development companies. The investors just aren't as optimistic as they were a few years ago.

------------------
DavidRM
Samu Games

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS