• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

[ TBS ] Naughty Virus

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
173 replies to this topic

#41 theOcelot   Members   -  Reputation: 498

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

1UP:
Rotate F3 CCW1
Stay.

Sponsor:

#42 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

Day 8 Bunny
[ NV018 (Image) ]

Bunny's options:

1) Pick one: [ Place | Rotate | Wait ]
2) Pick one: [ Move | Expose | Stay ]

[Edited by - Wai on May 21, 2009 12:52:18 PM]

#43 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

Bunny Command:

Rotate H2 CCWx1. Stay.

Day 8 Star

[ NV019 (Image) ]

1) Pick one: [ Spawn | Place | Rotate | Wait ]

[Edited by - Wai on May 21, 2009 7:02:09 PM]

#44 theOcelot   Members   -  Reputation: 498

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:21 AM

Star can't rotate I5, because it's not on its network, right? I5 is in the way.

Star command:
Rotate H6 CCW x1
Stay

#45 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:08 AM

Re: That's right.

1UP's command:
Place Right Tile, CWx1, C1. Stay.

Day 9 Bunny
[ NV020 (Image) ]

Bunny's options:

[Edited by - Wai on May 21, 2009 10:08:54 PM]

#46 theOcelot   Members   -  Reputation: 498

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

What motivated that move by 1UP? Are you just working towards the satellite dish, and that was as good a place to start as any?

#47 Tangireon   Members   -  Reputation: 239

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

Probably the same reason with what I'm trying to do with Bunny, which is to prevent an opponent tile-placement blockade to a desired landmark, or at least one that would completely prevent my ability to enter into the landmark.

PLACE Right Bunny Tile on K1, Rotate CCW 1x.
STAY.

#48 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

Re:

I didn't think a lot about it. I just wanted prevent Star from placing a tile at the dish that 1UP cannot connect to. You see how in the middle bottom, Bunny can always attack 1UP but 1UP cannot initiate attack. So I was trying to prevent that from happening on both sides. For instance, Star could place its left tile to C1 so that the distance from 1UP to the dish increase. If Star continues to get good pieces it could cut off 1UP from having any influence to the dish. 1UP will then be like a sitting duck.

Day 9 Star

[ NV021 (Image) ]

[Edited by - Wai on May 21, 2009 11:26:45 PM]

#49 Tangireon   Members   -  Reputation: 239

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

PLACE Right Star Tile on F6, Rotate CW 1x.
STAY.

I am assuming that you can only have 1 turn, no matter how many Viruses/Tokens you have?

I am also assuming when you have multiple viruses, that as long as you have one on your homepath, you are able to keep spawning viruses & manipulate connected paths?

[Edited by - Tangireon on May 21, 2009 8:52:07 PM]

#50 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:10 PM

Re:

Both correct, but since spawning and tile manipulation are in the same option set, you can only either spawn virus or manipulate a tile. Essentially, you can only attack someone with an existing virus.

Day 9 1UP
[ NV022 (Image) ]
1UP's options:

[Edited by - Wai on May 21, 2009 11:10:37 PM]

#51 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

1UP Command: Spawn!

Day 10 Bunny

[ NV023 (Image) ]
Bunny's options:

[Edited by - Wai on May 22, 2009 1:17:42 AM]

#52 Xelen   Members   -  Reputation: 312

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

Place left bunny tile at H4.
Spawn a bunny.

If you don't mind me throwing in a move or two. If you do that's cool, just let me know and I'll delete my post :)

Edit in response to below: Oops sorry, when I was reading I organized spawn and stay backwards in my head... That'll work :)

#53 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

Re: Xelen

This is totally fine to have more participants. However, in the current rules you cannot place a tile and spawn a bunny during the same turn. So this time I will only place the tile.

Day 10 Star

[ NV024 (Image) ]

Star's options:

[Edited by - Wai on May 22, 2009 1:41:49 AM]

#54 Xelen   Members   -  Reputation: 312

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

Question, can you rotate tiles with a virus token currently on them? If so that would be pretty sweet move for Star to connect paths.

#55 theOcelot   Members   -  Reputation: 498

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

Is anyone else having a problem where they can't see the pictures? It looks like the server they are hosted on is cutting out periodically.

edit: woops, they're back again.

#56 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Re: Rotation:

Yes, you can rotate a tile while the virus is on it.

Re: Server:

It happens! (It seems like it happens every day sometime, that the server will be down)

Comment:

When you look at the grid, do some of the hex stand out to you? For me, H7 is standing-out really bright because my brain just wants to believe that there is a path connecting G7 and H6.

I also noticed that this game takes a lot of brain power to play, even on the board-less deathmatch configuration. It seems that when I look at the tiles, my brain simply cannot hold all the information, so it involves looking at the same sets over and over, repeating the consideration.

When I play myself I just place the tiles randomly until there is immediate danger. If there is no immediate danger, I just place it wherever that fits. I do not attempt to imagine the optimal move. It takes too much thought.

#57 theOcelot   Members   -  Reputation: 498

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

If Star or bunny wanted to be mean, they could put the public tile at E2. But I think there's something about the strategy that I'm not getting. I think that the best strategy is to get a couple independent networks set up. In that interest:

Star Command:
Rotate E6 1xCW. Stay.

The two satellite dish hosts are connected, right? Does the actual satellite come into that relationship?

#58 Tangireon   Members   -  Reputation: 239

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

From my understanding of it, the satellites and dishes are like portals. As well as that, the only other way to enter into a landmark is by connecting to one of its opening sides with a path (for example, the Bunny Homeputer can only be entered through the south path).

Some strategies I am discovering so far in my play of this game:

- To minimize the damage an opponent can do to you through their placement-blocks, is to set yourself up with several different pathways to get to your desired destination.

- Having a "train-track" loop that you control through a pathway "switch" tile gives you the upper hand - while you can leave and enter said loop, enemies cannot.

- You can control a large area of the map simply by creating a series of blocking "fences"; then the enemy can't establish a path through your "territory".

#59 Wai   Members   -  Reputation: 1001

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

Re: Satellite

The Satellite is the same as a dish in terms of gameplay rules. It is a satellite just because the world is round so you don't shoot a signal from one dish on land to another.

Re: Why don't we kill 1UP?

I don't think that there is a reason not to help another virus kill of the other virus. I think the logic is for forming quick kill alliances. So Star should probably place the public tile at E2, and Bunny could then finish off 1UP and take the bank.

If you look at it like this, it seems that Star has no reason to help Bunny get a third base (assuming that you believe the nuclear power plant is already Bunny's--just a matter of time.) But on the other hand, if 1UP remains in the game, it makes Star much more vunlerable (1UP would be able to attack star from two tiles away). But similarly, if you are bunny, would you help 1UP kill Star and let 1UP take all of Star's territory?

It sounds like some kind of weird prisoner's dillemma or something.

1UP's command:

Place right tile to E2. Stay.

Day 11 Bunny

[ NV025 (Image) ]

Bunny's options:

[Edited by - Wai on May 22, 2009 1:54:40 AM]

#60 Xelen   Members   -  Reputation: 312

0Likes

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Bunny:

PLACE Left at D2.
Stay

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS