• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Games != money

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

#21 Splat   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 25 November 1999 - 03:27 PM

AlexM: Umm, why are you growling at me?

- Splat

Sponsor:

#22 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 04 December 1999 - 03:32 PM

Ok im 15 and i have what it takes to make a good game. You people forget that programming games isnt just for older people, its all about vision now what some younger programmers lack is vision. What i mean by this is most people just think about making a game, not marketing, or proposing it to publishers. Anyway i dont feel like getting into a lecture. it takes vision not age, age has nothing to do with it. "VISION.
(oh, boy i feel this will spark a new fire)

#23 Gromit   Members   -  Reputation: 144

Posted 04 December 1999 - 03:58 PM

I'm not going to flame you, but I would like to see some of your work.

#24 BigMeanBear   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 December 1999 - 04:30 PM

I would also be very interested in seeing your work. Someone who is a sure of himself as you are would have a website or something tracking what he's done. Do you? I'm sure you do.

-Erik L. Elmore

#25 kressilac   Members   -  Reputation: 110

Posted 06 December 1999 - 10:07 AM

Maudib,

Vision is wonderful. Without you most certainly will not have a game that sells hundreds of thousands. Along with vision it takes backing, business sense, industry contacts, project management, financial management, employee management, and design brains to produce a final result. This occurs long before the game is even marketed, physically produced, or sold. It occurs long before the game is supported or the first patches released are complete. What I think the reference to 14yr olds was trying to get across is that most young people do not have the focus to follow through on a game that can make them money because it is truly an overwhelming task in light of all that is necessary to complete it. I know I didn't when I was that old. Over time I have acquired the knowledge necessary to produce a company and that came with failing a business and going to business school. Maybe the stereotype is placed wrongly. Maybe it isn't because stereotypes come from somewhere and don't spring from nowhere. If we have offended you as it seems we have then I am sure I speak for all in saying it wasn't intentional. All it was trying to express was that getting the experience necessary is something that takes time and dedication of which only the latter seems to be with you at the moment. In time that dedication will pay off, trust me and stick to it.

Oh please show us your work. I am interested in seeing it.

Kressilac

[This message has been edited by kressilac (edited December 06, 1999).]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS