• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Bennu is out now on the 360...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 1033

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:17 AM

...give it a try! After 2 years and 2 months of development, which some of you might have followed, it's finally out. :D

Sponsor:

#2 nerd_boy   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 718

Posted 04 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

Grats. I saw the game when I was looking through the XNA Community catalogue for an idea of what games were already out there. I saw "Bennu", and immediately realized it was the one you'd been working on. :p

How's the download rate?

#3 Trapper Zoid   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1370

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

Congratulations for shipping! I've noticed mentions of Bennu in some of the indie blogs I've subscribed to and recognised the name. Do you versions on platforms other than the Xbox?

Also, how did the Xbox community come up with a "violence" category score of 2 out of 3 for Bennu? Is there a secret level where you have to squish kittens?

#4 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 1033

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

Quote:
Grats. I saw the game when I was looking through the XNA Community catalogue for an idea of what games were already out there. I saw "Bennu", and immediately realized it was the one you'd been working on. :p

How's the download rate?

Thanks. I'm gonna wait a week or so to compile numbers...

Quote:
Congratulations for shipping! I've noticed mentions of Bennu in some of the indie blogs I've subscribed to and recognised the name.

Thanks. If it's not much trouble, could you link me to those blogs?

Quote:
Do you versions on platforms other than the Xbox?

Not right now, but I may do a PC version.

Also, how did the Xbox community come up with a "violence" category score of 2 out of 3 for Bennu? Is there a secret level where you have to squish kittens?[/quote]

There's some violence in the cut-scenes, including mutilation. No kittens involved, though. :) And it's cartoon violence.

#5 Trapper Zoid   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1370

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
Original post by Demosthenes
Thanks. If it's not much trouble, could you link me to those blogs?

It might have just been the IndieGames.com blog, as that's the only one I remember off the top of my head. And I see you've posted in the comments, so I assume you know about that one. [wink]

#6 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 1033

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

Yes, I saw that one... :D Thanks anyway.

#7 Ravuya   Moderators   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

I put your IOTD in the frontpage queue. It looks really good - I'm just heading out but I have flagged it for future download.

Congratulations on releasing! I hope you make some money.

#8 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 1033

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

Quote:
Original post by Ravuya
I put your IOTD in the frontpage queue. It looks really good - I'm just heading out but I have flagged it for future download.

Congratulations on releasing! I hope you make some money.

Thanks!

#9 Ravuya   Moderators   -  Reputation: 127

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:20 AM

I also gave you a call-out in today's Daily.

#10 zedz   Members   -  Reputation: 291

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:31 AM

well I dont have a xbox so cant try it but congratulations anyway
nice to see youve stuck with it

#11 Demosthenes   Members   -  Reputation: 1033

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:36 AM

Quote:
I also gave you a call-out in today's Daily.

Quote:
Original post by zedz
well I dont have a xbox so cant try it but congratulations anyway
nice to see youve stuck with it

Thanks guys! :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS