• Create Account

3d hardware support

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 aamishah   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 July 2001 - 12:17 PM

i can''t get OpenGL progams compiled on my pc to run on other systems with 3d hardware support?? here is my system spec. : intel 933mhz with 256 ram 3d card: intel 82815 (can it be this buddy?) Op Sys : win Me Compiler: Vc Professional ed. n yes i have compiled other ppl progams as well! n there is no improvement! HeLp pls! any OGL Guru?

Sponsor:

#2 masterg   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 11 July 2001 - 12:27 PM

Are you using any extensions? If you are you should have error-testing to see whether the extensions exist, and if they dont you should have some back-up method/s. Hope that helps

#3 benjamin bunny   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 838

Posted 11 July 2001 - 02:49 PM

There''s a few possibilities:

- Your program could use more texture memory than the other systems have available.

- It could be the other systems don''t have full OpenGL drivers. Do other OpenGL applications work on these systems? If Quake3 runs,its usually a pretty good indication that the drivers and card are fully OpenGL compliant. Many other games only use a subset of OpenGL (miniGL) and therefore aren''t such a good test.

- If your program uses the stencil buffer, try disabling it. Many 3D cards don''t support it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS