• Create Account

PocketPC Game Programming :(

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 masterg   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 11 July 2001 - 01:32 PM

Hello, this afternoon I purchased the book PocketPC Game Programming, read the first 150 pages to find out that I cant run the programs I make, because I don''t have/know of any emulators that can emulate Pocket PC''s hardware on WinME. My code is all fine, but I don''t have a PocketPC, and I am running WinME so I cant run the only emulator I know of, because it only supports Win2000 and Win NT. Please anyone can somehow help me, I would greatly ( i really would be very greatful) appreciate any help. Thanks again.

Sponsor:

#2 markhsch   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 July 2001 - 01:36 PM

You have some choices:
1) Take the book back and forget about the PocketPC
2) Upgrade to Windows2000
3) Buy a PocketPC

In other words, as far as I know, there is no emulation environment that will work on WIN ME.

-Mark

#3 masterg   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 12 July 2001 - 04:39 AM

Why the thumbs down? Thanks for the post, I knew that information already, but Im going to keep the book, because I may get a PocketPC for my b-day, I found out my dad has Win2000 on his laptop, and I''m interested in learning about programming on a portable device, because they have not yet been dominated by any big game companies. peace

#4 sundialsoft   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 December 2001 - 03:56 AM

I know the feeling. I have a W2K machine and an ME machine and can only run the emulator on the W2K however I do have an iPaq.

One way round your problem which a few people have used is to write the code to display either on a PC using VC6 or PocketPC using eVC. Only the screen handling is different.

AN example can be seen in the Phantom''s easyce GAPI based kit at www.pocketmatrix.com ( see the Phantom''s forum )

Ian

#5 KwamiMatrix   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 December 2001 - 09:51 AM

masterg, if you get a PocketPC, I really recomment a compaq IPaq. I love the iPaq(even though I don't have one.) I have a Palm IIIxe, and plan to start developing for the Palm OS soon.

Edem Attiogbe

Edited by - KwamiMatrix on December 28, 2001 4:37:30 AM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS