• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Network Programming w/ CDX

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 jeanlucpikachu   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 20 October 1999 - 05:16 PM

Anyone have any idea how to use the CDXLink class and any associated classes? Are there any tutorials or source code I can study? I have the documentation, but it's a little sparse, and missing CDXLink examples...

I'm trying to create two programs here, one is a server people can log onto, the other is a chat client. I figure if I can get something as simple as this going (when I say simple, I mean no frills!) then ramping up to a simple 4 player networked game won't be so hard. I understand the concepts and math behind latency, dead reckoning, what and what not to transmit, etc., I just need a little source code (or at least what functions to call and when) before I get started. TIA

------------------
Pika, pika
Capt. Jean-Luc Pikachu
AOL IM: dub0neg

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS