• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

Directx 3.0 API- where can I get it?????

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 simulator   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 July 2001 - 09:43 AM

Hi All, I just wanted to "play around" with directx and after much frustration I find that since I am on Windows NT I must use Directx 3.0. I have searched and searched and emailed Microsoft but cannot find where to download the ancient animal. Does anyone know where I can get it?? I don''t exactly want to upgrade to Windows 2000 just to play around, especially with XP coming out. Also, will 3.0 give me a general feeling for Directx??- at this point I''ll probably just be doing rotating boxes hehe. Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 Drakonite   Members   -  Reputation: 215

Posted 14 July 2001 - 09:49 AM

I think directx comes with service pack... umm... 4 I believe. It''s downloadable off M$''s webpage.

Tip--Buy 2k, resist XP!!!

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]

#3 simulator   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 July 2001 - 09:56 AM

Thanks Drakonite but have already been there: service packs contain only runtimes-not sdk''s & MS had confirmed this..... Haha and why resist XP?????

#4 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 14 July 2001 - 10:02 AM

>> Haha and why resist XP?????

That is a retorical question!

#5 LaughingD   Members   -  Reputation: 151

Posted 14 July 2001 - 03:11 PM

E-mail me. I''ve got all of the SDK''s. I''ll zip it up and put it on an ftp so you can dl it.

Mark Fassett
Laughing Dragon Entertainment
http://www.laughing-dragon.com

#6 simulator   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 July 2001 - 07:04 AM

Thank you Mark very much :-)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS