• Create Account

We need your feedback on a survey! Each completed response supports our community and gives you a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card!

EDMUND-A game about a Rapist [FREEWARE][NSFW]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic

#1 Farmergnome   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hi guys this is my first serious game, that I made for a TIGSource competition, I would love you guys to have a play. The game follows 2 characters through a series of events with a central theme of rape, I thought id post it here even though its not everyones cup of tea... That being said, its not what it seems... Heres a short video Youtube video Heres 2 links to the game download: My download link Here is the competition thread: Competition thread Thanks for playing, tell me what you think, good or bad. [Edited by - Farmergnome on August 8, 2009 6:30:47 AM]

Sponsor:

#2 owl   Banned   -  Reputation: 364

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

LMAO

EDIT: I mean, OMG that's so wrong!

#3 hiigara   Members   -  Reputation: 108

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:31 PM

that's disturbing

#4 SymLinked   Members   -  Reputation: 888

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
Original post by Farmergnome
I thought id post it here even though its not everyones cup of tea... That being said, its not what it seems...

I'm curious what you're thinking of here. To me it's still as distasteful as any other rape-game. The fact that it's not so serious and 2D doesn't help, really. It could be text for all I care, I still find it disturbing.

But you've heard all this before so I'll just wish you good luck with your game.

#5 Zenix   Members   -  Reputation: 146

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

++ For style. The art / atmosphere are awesome.

Didn't get far through it though, the game seemed to break if you fell down too deep a hole.

#6 Wan   Members   -  Reputation: 1366

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

Quote:
Original post by Zenix
++ For style. The art / atmosphere are awesome.

Seconded. Kudos for the sound effects too, it all seems to come together quite well.
Quote:
Didn't get far through it though, the game seemed to break if you fell down too deep a hole.

I couldn't get passed the land mines in the second chapter, but then again I kinda suck at platformers.

#7 Mybowlcut   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:20 AM

Could you summarise the purpose/plot of the game for those of us who are perhaps opposed to download and play a rape-themed game?

#8 Wan   Members   -  Reputation: 1366

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:30 AM

Quote:
Original post by Mybowlcut
Could you summarise the purpose/plot of the game for those of us who are perhaps opposed to download and play a rape-themed game?

There isn't that much purpose/plot in the game, but I think it's worth reading the thread on tigsource linked in the OP to get some idea.

#9 Farmergnome   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

Its a short game, but theres certainly a plot and rape isnt all the game is about, ive made a few endings so everyone will probably get something different out of it, but give it a shot if you want.

I just fixed that chasm bug and added some more endings.

#10 Mybowlcut   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yeah I read the first page of posts but all I could see was that it had two possible plots depending on which character you chose.. I'm guessing that one of those characters is the victim, and if so it might be interesting to play, but otherwise it seems a bit off..

#11 Farmergnome   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 08 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

Neither characters are the victim, your just going to have to play it :P

#12 Mybowlcut   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:21 AM

I'm intrigued, but it feels very wrong to download and play a game with a theme like this. I'll have a play in the morning to see if there's a less sinister plot behind it.

#13 choffstein   Members   -  Reputation: 1090

Posted 08 August 2009 - 05:33 AM

Not a pretty topic, but play it. This is where games cross the line into art and become the medium through which the creator can present a social commentary. The player no longer has to imagine, but can experience instead, evoking real emotions. This game brings up a whole lot of issues that are ripe for discussion, and what seems extremely one dimensional blows up rather quickly.

I say play it.

#14 Litheon   Members   -  Reputation: 263

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:05 AM

Really nice atmosphere (graphics & sounds)!

#15 Evil Steve   Members   -  Reputation: 1987

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:35 AM

Another ++ for the atmosphere, really nice game [smile]

#16 deadstar   Members   -  Reputation: 470

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:55 AM

Art style is fantastic, it's a shame it's got such a controversial genre, else you really could have made something big from this.

"The right, man, in the wrong, place, can make all the dif-fer-rence in the world..." - GMan, Half-Life 2

#17 choffstein   Members   -  Reputation: 1090

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

Quote:
Original post by deadstar
Art style is fantastic, it's a shame it's got such a controversial genre, else you really could have made something big from this.

That didn't stop Clockwork Orange.

It raises the question as to how much the audience is willing to bear as we cross the line from observation to interaction.

[Edited by - choffstein on August 8, 2009 3:11:28 PM]

#18 Oluseyi   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1678

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:50 AM

It looks very interesting. I'll see if I can borrow the girlfriend's PC later and give it a whirl.

#19 Farmergnome   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for trying it before passing judgement people, its most awesome :)

#20 January85   Members   -  Reputation: 99

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Haha, looks awesome! :D

I ought to show this to my girlfriend. If it brings up some issues I owe you one, man. :)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS