New idea for the "Post your art here" thread....

Started by
8 comments, last by Hase 22 years, 9 months ago
Maybe this isnt exactly the right spot to post this, but I´d like to hear your thoughts on it first: Since there has always been a thread around where people show their art, why not make this a more permanent featue? I´m thinking of something along the lines of a semi-permanent gallery, with picture descriptions and room for comments or discussions... this would probably have to be a links-only gallery, but i guess that it might be possible (in the long run) to get some space and have a more permanent one (where users submit their images). Now I know that there are places like that around, (elfwood, gameart, epilogue....) but i think it would be a nice addition and another step towards a site that caters to all needs.... and there would of course be several subcategories, on for example being concept art for you current/past project... sketches, scribbles, layoutstuff... cause these are the things that rarely get posted, but that are extremely interesting especially for semi-new artist.
Advertisement
Sound cool, like you said it would have to be in like a links section or something.
A GDShowcase-esque thing for art would be great, I agree
yes. i think that would be perfect.

I am not text, I am not organized pixels, I am not killed by turning off your monitor, I am not isolated by turning off your computer. I just am.

Conshape Electronic Arts Millennium ED
Redwyrm Online

I like that Idea... maybe allow for critisism as well. That way I can know why my newbie art crap looks unproffesional...

--------------------------------------------------
Bow Down before Daytanea the Computer Goddess of AI,
lest she reboot your bios to her liking

[ Six Hour Game Contest | ( Thread | Blog | Wiki | 6hour Bio ) ][ Website | (Blog | Gallery ) ]
A place for critisism would be a must-have feature.

Also, how about not only pictures, but animation as well?
FMV scenes are a big part of games, so why not show off our clips too?

This is a great idea, but it could quickly get huge. You could have repositories of animations, finished pictures, concepts/ideas, and even a Garage, for the works-in-progress.

Sounds like a most noble addition to GameDev.
Great idea! I think it should work like Elfwood''s site. That is a very good site for artist showcase and feedback.
Well, I never heard of Elfwood, so I went to check it out.
The page says that on June 26 it closed down due to some death threats or something, but a later news posting said it will open back up, but no date is set yet.
Is a good idea, may made a email-list and send it to gamedev. But this art must see focused in GAME, not free-theme art.

3 sections :
-2d
-3d
-videos (shorts, not 40megz)

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
This is a great Idea. Well of course it is, it''s based of my thred

I would love to see GD set up a FTP accessable database for user art. Ever since geocities baned outside linking I haven''''t posted any art here.

Come on GD PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! You''ll be my best friend.

As Mr Cup always says,
''''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement