• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Entry Point Not Found __glutInitWithExit

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 stevo86   Members   -  Reputation: 150

0Likes

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:55 AM

I've looked everywhere and tried everything but can't seem to figure this out. I was going along programming away, testing a program that uses GLUT and out of nowhere, I hit F5 to fire up a debug test and instead of seeing my program, I get this error saying that the entry point could not be found in glut32.dll. I've checked on the MSDN forums and found a few similar complaints, tried all the solutions and come up empty handed. I've restarted Visual Studio, restarted my computer and completely reinstalled the GLUT libraries. I'm using Visual Studio 2008 Express, Windows 7 and the latest GLUT library. It worked right up until it didn't. The only thing I changed was code to modify a texture and I've since stripped that out to see if I somehow screwed with the GLUT initialization. I've checked my library directories, made sure all the files were in the right place and up to date, and I'm completely lost. So, any ideas? EDIT: this can be closed. I found out the linker was grabbing an out-dated version of glut32.dll in system32 whereas I had the newer version in the windows base directory. I think when I installed the ATI SDK it added its own version of glut32.dll to the system32 directory which takes precedence over the base windows directory, on my compiler anyways. [Edited by - stevo86 on August 16, 2009 5:27:16 PM]

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS