• Create Account

Web Based Text Adventure Creator

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phytoplankton   Members   -  Reputation: 116

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

I'm finishing up a very simple AJAX browser based text adventure that I'll be posting on my site shortly. In creating the game, I also created an editor for it. Currently it's very, very messy. But I thought if I cleaned up some, people might enjoy making their own. Before I put in the effort and get too far into it, I wanted to get an idea of what kind of interest level there is in these sorts of things. I don't even know if the kiddies these day have heard of text adventures or would care to create one. Thoughts? Would you use a web-based editor to create one given the chance? What would you want to be able to do with one?
-----OpenEndedAdventure.com - The Adventure that Anyone Can Edit.

#2 Sik_the_hedgehog   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 2640

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

Well, I'm not exactly interested in text adventures (and I never was), but I'd say go with the project. It seems like a nice experiment to try, you never know how far it can reach. And there'll be always somebody who will want to make a text adventure, I guess =]

Old topic!

Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS