• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Asking for max texture width and height?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 stefu   Members   -  Reputation: 120

Posted 19 July 2001 - 09:21 PM

My OGL app gives totally white texture if I try to create texture with size of 512x512 pixels. I know that my device can use max. 256x256 textures (Voodoo3, D3DCAPS8 told it). How can I ask for max width & height of texture in OpenGL to resize my texture? [edit] And how to know if textures must be sized to power of two? Or can I suppose they must be? Edited by - stefu on July 20, 2001 4:23:07 AM

Sponsor:

#2 bobatefrei   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 19 July 2001 - 11:18 PM

You must use glGet with GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE.

The textures must always be sized to power of two! (except if you use some NVIDIA extensions...)

#3 stefu   Members   -  Reputation: 120

Posted 19 July 2001 - 11:21 PM

Thanks a lot!

#4 zedzeek   Members   -  Reputation: 528

Posted 20 July 2001 - 11:28 AM

also u can use gluScaleImage to rescale an image eg from 512x512 -> 256x256

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS